Let’s Put the Pieces of Social Communication Back Together!Achieve is now accepting applications for social skills groups and social/play groups for summer sessions. Social groups are for ages 3 years to adolescent depending on interest level each year. Summer groups are generally 10 weeks long and meet weekly for one hour. Insurance does not cover the cost of social groups. Cost of the summer groups is generally around $500.00 for the summer. Families will be contacted via email in the Spring with more details. The groups are based on popular themes such as cooking, Legos, etc.
Social Skills Groups:
- Ages 5 years and up
- Adolescent groups
- 4 to 6 children in a group
- Some of the social skills addressed include: greetings, eye contact, personal space, cooperating, appropriate behavior, feelings, conversation skills, friendship skills
- The groups are one hour in length and run for 14 weeks in the spring and fall and 4 – 8 weeks in the summer.
- Ages 3 years and 4 years
- 2 to 3 children in a group
- Focus on eye contact, greetings, turn taking, sharing, appropriate interaction, appropriate play skills
- Skills are targeted through conversation, play, games, arts and crafts activities, music and movement activities, and snack activities